Published on February 7th, 2013 | by admin
Dr Ravi Hiremagalore talks about Eczema – A Skin disorder troubling small kids!
Feb 09, 2013 Saturday @ 9.30 PM IST / 8 AM PT USA/4 PM London Time
Dr. Ravi N.Hiremagalore is Senior Consultant – Pediatric Dermatologist
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin and its diseases, a unique specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist takes care of diseases, in the widest sense, and some cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.Pediatric dermatologist qualifies by completing both a pediatric residency and a dermatology residency. Or they might elect to complete a post-residency fellowship. This field encompasses the complex diseases of the neonates, hereditary skin diseases or genodermatoses, and the many difficulties of working with the pediatric population.
• Nov 2007 to Present – Consultant pediatric Dermatologist – Manipal Hospital Bangalore
• Sep 2006- Sep 2007 Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, Mediciti Institute of Medical Sciences, Ghanpur, RR District
• July 2006 – Aug 2006 Department of Pathology, Northwestern University, Chicago.
• June 2006 – July 2006 Department of Microbiology, RUSH University, Chicago.
• April 2004 – June 2006 Research Fellow, Department of Dermatology, University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. USA
• July 2003 – April 2004 Fellow, Division of Dermatology, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL. USA
• June 2002 – May 2003 Specialist in Dermatology, The Leprosy Mission Hospital, Dayapuram, Manamadurai,Tamilnadu.
• March 1999 – Feb 2002 Registrar, Department of Dermatology, and venereology Christian Medical College, Vellore.